Two Christians will speak of their journeys of faith in Israel-Palestine at an online event hosted later this month.
Journeys of Faith in Israel and Palestine features Linda Ramsden and Omar Haramy.
Linda will describe how her encounters with Palestinians took her on a faith journey that has led her to become Director of ICAHD UK (Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions).
Omar Haramy, of the Sabeel Ecumenical Liberation Theology Center in East Jerusalem, will speak of the journeys that were forced upon Palestinians in 1948, the crisis of faith that resulted, and the response of Sabeel as it lives a theology that stresses God's love is for all people.
The event is hosted by the working group for Israel-Palestine of the Archdiocese's Caritas, Justice & Peace Commission and takes place on Zoom on Wednesday 26 August, 7:30pm to 8:30pm. Click here to register and you will receive the details you need to join the meeting.
Journeys of Faith in Israel and Palestine, online Zoom event, 7:30pm-8:30pm, Wednesday 26 August 2020.
Some background links:
- Click here for a Communique from Bishops Conference of England & Wales calling for peace in the Holy Land.
- Click here to visit the ICAHD website
- Click here to visit the Sabeel website.
- Click here to find out more about the Sabeel Wave of Prayer.
- Click here to read a recent open letter from Bethlehem Clergy.
The World Week for Peace in Palestine and Israel, takes place 15-21 September. Find out more here.