The Archdiocese of St Andrews & Edinburgh is seeking to appoint an Administrator.
The role involves providing support to the Property Director and general administrative support within the Archdiocesan offices in Edinburgh.
The successful candidate will have strong communication skills, good attention to detail and efficient IT skills, especially in Excel.
They will be proactive, flexible and have the ability to prioritise and organise their work, while also supporting other team members as required. Experience or a qualification in Health and Safety would be beneficial.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter detailing how your skills and experience make you suitable for this role to email@example.com by Friday 2 December
Interviews are scheduled to take place on Monday 12 December. Previous applicants need not apply.
Administrator (Support Team).
Gillis Centre, 100 Strathearn Road, Edinburgh, EH9 1BB.
Full time, 35 hours a week, Mon- Fri
Office Manager with strong links to the Director of Property.
Main purpose and scope of role
To work as part of the Curia Support team with a focus on supporting the Property Director. Main areas of work are Insurance, Health and Safety and generic administrative work for the Curia.
- Parish Priests and parish fabric committees.
- Members of the Archdiocese Curia.
- Insurance company.
Key responsibilities 1 (Property)
Insurance claims and renewals.
- Input to annual renewal and review.
- Handle insurance claims.
- Maintain insurance records.
- Ensure parishes follow insurance procedures.
Health & Safety
- Monitor compliance records for parishes.
- Arrange H&S training for Curia staff.
- Ensure H&S compliance and maintain records for the Gillis Centre.
Listed Places of Worship Grant Scheme (Topmark)
(20% grants for invoices for maintenance and repairs on listed churches.)
- Remind parish priests to submit invoices and check that work meets criteria.
- Prepare documentation for submission.
- Assist with contractors for maintenance and repairs and any other tasks as requested by the Director of Property.
Key Responsibilities 2 (Support Team)
Working with Office Manager and Support Team as required.
- Assist with preparation for and clear up after events.
- For Gillis Office, answer phone calls and front door and general administrative tasks.
- Support Vicars Episcopal.
- Manage contracts and invoices for office equipment.
- Good proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Administrative experience.
- Experience /qualification in Health and Safety would be helpful.
Skills & Ability
- Strong communication skills, both spoken and written.
- Organisational and accurate record-keeping skills.
- Strong team player and able to work on own initiative.
- Helpful, friendly, proactive, and flexible.