The Bishops' Conference of Scotland has announced that no public Masses will be celebrated in Scotland from tomorrow (Thursday) as the coronavirus continues to spread.
- Holy Mass in Public suspended from Friday 20 March.
- Priests will continue to celebrate Mass in private, praying for those suffering from Covid-19 and those who care for them.
- Churches to remain open for private prayer.
- Priests asked to be available for the reception of the Sacraments of Reconciliation, Anointing of the Sick and Holy Communion, especially for the
sick and housebound.
- Baptisms, funeral Masses and weddings - only close family are invited.