The Archdiocese of St Andrews & Edinburgh is seeking to appoint an Admin Assistant to provide general administrative support within the Archdiocesan offices.
The role holder should have strong communication skills, good attention to detail, efficient IT skills and an ability to prioritise and organise their work, while also supporting other team members as required.
Location: Gillis Centre, 100 Strathearn Rd, Edinburgh, EH9 1BB.
Hours: 15 hours per week (exact working pattern to be discussed, but to be worked over 4 or 5 days).
Salary: £20,000 FTE (£8,571 pro rata).
Purpose and Scope: To support the function of Curia Departments by providing general administrative assistance and appointment scheduling.
- Scheduling of Diploma in Catechetics 1-2-1 appointments.
- Email correspondence with Diploma in Catechetic students to facilitate appointments and registration.
- Assistance with Zoom meetings: resending links etc.
- Assistance with events and workshops.
- Production of written materials.
- Correspondence with Marriage Course applicants and production of written materials.
- Scheduling Course attendees.
- Any other administrative tasks as required by the Office Manager.
Experience and Skills:
- Administrative experience with strong written and verbal communication.
- High level IT skills, including MS Office and Zoom.
- Efficient and detail-focused.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and comply with GDPR.
- Ability to prioritise work and work flexibly under pressure and on own initiative.
- Strong team-player, able to assist in other areas of the Team’s work.
- Good people skills.
- An empathy for, and desire to support, the work of the Catholic Church.
Reports to: Office Manager.
Line Management Responsibilities: None.
- Office Manager.
- Archdiocesan Catechetics Advisor.
- Curia Team.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter detailing how your skills and experience make you suitable for this role. Email it to email@example.com by 10 March 2022.