We invite YOU to deepen your Catholic Faith and help spread the Good News of Jesus Christ with our Diploma in Catechetics.
It's easy to take part. Lectures will be delivered each Thursday evening in a 45 min Zoom session - so you can learn in the comfort of your own home!
Find out more on Tuesday 24 Nov at 7:30pm in a 30 min webinar with course leader Sr Anna Marie McGuan RSM and our comms man Matthew Meade. No registration required. Join us on the night using this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81865730471
Got a spare half-hour on Tue night? Let us demonstrate why our Diploma in Catechetics is for YOU.
? Zoom webinar 7:30pm-8:00pm TUE 24 NOV
⚡️ No registration required - join in a flash using this link: https://t.co/2zRz788gn3
(Read more: https://t.co/pFF1da39Bi) pic.twitter.com/KpOWEVtb1t
— Archdiocese of St Andrews & Edinburgh (@archedinburgh) November 21, 2020
In a letter to parishioners, Archbishop Cushley said: "This is an excellent initiative. It’s open to anyone who wants to learn more about their faith and to deepen their understanding of Catholic theology. I sincerely encourage any of you who want to deepen your faith to think seriously about taking up this opportunity."
When does it start?
- The 12 month Diploma in Catechetics begins on 12 January 2021.
What does it involve?
- A 45-minute lecture each week on Zoom in the comfort of your home.
- Six modules of six classes, beginning in January 2021 until December 2021.
- Assessed by an oral interview on Zoom at the end of each module.
Who's running the course?
- The Catechetics Commission of the Archdiocese of St Andrews & Edinburgh.
- Sr Anna Marie McGuan, the Archdiocese's Catechetics Advisor, is leading the course.
- Lectures delivered by religious and diocesan priests, lay people and religious sisters.
Does it cost money?
- The course cost is £100.
- This can be paid by the parish for any parish catechists.
- Financial assistance is available for anyone in financial difficulty.
Sign me up!
- You can register now here. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
All Catholics are invited to take part. The Archdiocese especially asks those who are involved in the catechetical work of the Church - children’s liturgists, RCIA team members, teachers, youth group leaders etc - to register.
Share the course information in your parish