Catholic parishes can help the homeless by providing catering teams at the Bethany Welcome Centre in Edinburgh.
It provides a welcoming, safe environment for rough sleepers in the city. Guests receive a hot meal prepared and served by groups from Christian churches from all over Edinburgh, East Lothian and West Lothian.
The number of Catholic parishes providing a catering team has grown over recent years and organisers want to encourage even more parishes to volunteers for session 2021-22.
If you can help
The Welcome Centre will run at the Haymarket Hub Hotel (EH12 5DR) from Monday 4 October to Sunday 1 May. Please email email@example.com with the below information.
- The number of nights you can offer.
- Specific dates or nights that you would prefer, including any flexibility.
- Availability in the festive period that you would consider (23 Dec to 2 Jan).
- Dates that you cannot provide a team
Last session 2020/21
- 860 individuals stayed at the Welcome Centre.
- On average, 29 people who were new to the service stayed each week.
- 8,403 daily access to the service across the season: an average of 41 people per day.
Find out more at www.bethanychristiantrust.com or call 07919 557 673.