Holy Week is almost upon us. We've compiled a daily guide for families so that children are prepared spiritually for Easter!
- 'Holy Week: Day by Day' can be viewed here
- A help guide for parents/carers is here
- A Children's Stations of the Cross is here
The online booklet was put together by our Catechetics Commission. It give children a basic overview of the importance of Holy Week and can be adapted depending on the child's age. It will also:
• engage them in the events which occurred during the last days of Jesus’ life on earth
• give them an overview of some of the practices that they will witness in their parishes/homes during this time
• encourage children to begin to relate Jesus’ suffering with his love
This Sunday is Palm Sunday. A stay-at-home Children's Liturgy guide for families is available.
- Sunday 05 April, Palm Sunday, Year A. Click here.
As palms can't be distributed this year Thérèse Feeney, from our Cathechetics commission, has come up with a crafty solution. Parents or carers can help children make a mini palm tree out of newspaper or rolled up coloured card! See below.