Get ready to explore the richness of the Catholic faith and help spread the Good News of Jesus Christ with our Diploma in Catechetics 2022.
It's easy to take part. Lectures will be delivered each Thursday evening by Zoom - so you can learn in the comfort of your own home!
The Diploma in Catechetics lasts one year, begins on January 2022 and costs £200. Registration is now open at bit.ly/DiplomaCatechetics2022
When does it start?
- The 12 month Diploma in Catechetics begins on Thursday
6th27th January 2021.
What does it involve?
- A lecture 7:30pm-8:30pm including a Q&A each week on Zoom.
- Six modules of six classes, beginning in January 2022 until December 2022.
- Assessed by an oral interview on Zoom at the end of each module.
Who's running the course?
- Sr Anna Marie McGuan, the Archdiocese's Catechetics Advisor, is the course leader.
- Lectures delivered by religious and diocesan priests, lay people and religious sisters.
- The Catechetics Commission of the Archdiocese of St Andrews & Edinburgh.
What did last year's students say about it?
- “Inspirational. You won’t want to miss a session. Please give it a go - it’s a course for everyone.” - Liz Brown, Edinburgh.
- “I recommend this course to anyone; it has given me a thirst for knowledge and, hopefully, has made me a better person.” - Peter McCaffery, Cowdenbeath.
- “Our faith explored. Go deeper with this highly enjoyable course.” - Janice Mary Evans, Falkirk.
Read more testimonials here.
Does it cost money?
- The course costs £200. You pay the fee on the registration page.
- This can be paid by the parish for any parish catechists.
- Financial assistance and scholarships are available for participants. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Sign me up!
All Catholics are invited to take part, we also warmly welcome those who are not Catholic but who want to find out about the Catholic faith. The Archdiocese especially asks those who are involved in the catechetical work of the Church - children’s liturgists, RCIA team members, teachers, youth group leaders etc - to register.
Share the course information in your parish